Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mommy back to work

It had to happen eventually - mommy is going back to work. This week she started working from home 2-days a week to transition her into full-time work early in October. I don't think I am going to enjoy that too much. But then, she's going to have to look after her career after all and ensure we can afford a decent living in this bad economic climate. So, while a little grumpy, I too started my preparation for the transition.

I have now moved to my own room and started sleeping in my cot. I missed mommy and daddy a little bit but got over it very quickly. Lola has moved in a bed next to me too. So it is not that lonely after all. Since I sleep through the night most of the time. And when I do wake up little hungry, lola just has to give me a feed and I am back to sleep. I am also waking up early in the morning just in time for daddy to say goodbye before he leaves for work.

Mommy had a couple of mother's group catch up this week - they are not going to be that regular I suppose now that she's going to work ... but it was couple of good get together.

Mommy and daddy's ante-natal classmates

This weekend, we also flew to Queensland. It was Lola's 60th birthday. We got together in her sister's house (lola Leda) and then went for a drive to Byron Bay. Lola Leda's daughter, Auntie Isabella, was always there around me to give me company.

I love sunny and warm Queensland weather. And I do love these little drive-around. I just need to find it comfy in my baby capsule to take a quick nap during the drives. Mommy and daddy had a quick little break too. As usual, flying in and out was quite a breeze for my parents. Daddy was busy on Friday, so we had to fly without him. He took a late flight to meet up in Brisbane.

Byron Bay lighthouse with mommy and daddy

Me and Auntie Isabella

I am starting to feel I'd be getting little of my parents' time from now on. They too realize this. So weekends like this are far more pleasing for them. I am sure they'd be looking forward to their weekends to make most of my time with me.

No comments: