Sunday, December 14, 2008

Moni and bhaiya

This week was very eventful. For the first time, moni (my dad's sister and I'd call her moni) and bhaiya (her son and my only cousin for now) came to visit us. Moni has been following my life through this blog but she couldn't wait to carry me. She was looking forward to this trip for a while and finally on Friday last week she got onto the plane and landed in Sydney. When she arrived home in the evening, I woke up to greet her. Well, as you know I have been a bit moody lately and can take a while to get acquainted with people, it did take me some time to feel comfortable for her to carry me. But I kept staring at her inquisitively.

It wasn't till the third day I happily allowed her to take me around. But moni was happy seeing me anyway and she didn't mind it at all.

With bhaiya it was a different story altogether. Apart from the fact he was a loving little brother I was waiting to spend time with, I was keen to play or share my toys with him. He was more than happy to sing or dance around to entertain me while I had my food. This 5-year old was also very keen to prove he was indeed my elder cousin-brother and cuddled and carried me just like an adult. I was so pampered. Moni obviously brought me lots of gifts along with those from bubu and khalamoni and buchi. I was the center of attraction for more than the usual lot for the entire week.

Towards the end of the week I was all too comfortable with them around. We took them to the city for a tour where bhaiya even took turn to share my pram! I suppose he's still not too grown up after all - there's a little baby in him. He was indeed the little baby nephew for daddy and uncle. We all had a good family time together. And oh, moni spent most of the time cooking local delicacies which my parents missed a lot. I could see they were enjoying every mouthful.

It was a shame they could only stay for the week. It was soon time for a long journey home. Moni was visibly sad to leave for home - the feeling of not seeing me for a while was breaking her heart. But I think we all smiled with the prospect that they could be back in few months time. I hope it would be for my birthday or for a winter trip to the skis. Either way, I am looking forward to see them again. Thank you moni and bhaiya for all your love and gifts - and making this long trip just to see me. Love you so much.

No comments: