Sunday, June 15, 2008

Elmo - my best friend and how I smile

This week I was scheduled to meet my pediatrician for the usual 6 week check. But the doctor called in sick early in the morning. My doctor's visit had to be rescheduled. But as a bonus I had Daddy working from home all day with me and Mommy.

And boy, don't I get their attention. I have been smiling a lot lately. In fact, every time I wake up - I give them a beeee-i-g smile. Every time they do my nappy change, another smile. And the smiles are getting longer too and often with some chuckling sound. You should see my parents going up and down with excitement when that happens!

And I have got few more sounds in my repertoire too - ooh, awww, ayee (yes, you heard that right, Ayee!), eh eh eh, and so on. Every time I see my mom and dad in some deep conversation, I chip in with my magical sound. Their conversation stops for a few seconds, they turn their attention to me and restart with a new topic of conversation - ME!!!!

I can sit in my bath tub too - so Mommy can have both her hands free while washing me. Check it out ...


And oh, I've got a new friend - Elmo. Tita has a talking Elmo in her room. So every time I visit her room - I try to have a conversation with him ... you know, he wants to be my friend! I love Elmo.


I had another milestone this week - I made my first full turn by myself. I love sleeping in my parents bed - I don't like it any other way. So I got lot of room to move around now and roll under either mom or dad. In that process, I made my first full turn lying on my back to then on my tummy. While my parents were thrilled, they are all too worried to leave me alone even for a second. And while I am sleeping, I am now wrapped up by a bunch of pillows ... just in case.

No comments: