Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009


Goodbye 2008. Welcome 2009.

2008 will remain THE year of my life - as I'd be writing it each time I have to fill in my date of birth - for the rest of my life. So yes, if I had the words, I'd say I feel nostalgic (ha ha ha). But as we step into the new year, it also means I have commenced my voyage of time truly. I know I will be looking back to this year time and time again as I grow old, have children and tell them my story of turning into a fine lady.

What a year it has been for my parents too! Their life has certainly changed in a big way (and a great way) in 2008. They have so much inspiration to draw from it in the coming years. 2008 has been really a year of me, for them. It started off with the preparation for my birth towards the early part of the year. Then suddenly, I was amidst them. Life changing, it has to be. And from then on, you know the story.

So as we count our blessings in the year that has gone by, we look forward to another one that is ahead of us. I expect to learn lots of new things from life - I hope to achieve great feats - like taking my first step by myself. You know the saying, one small step can be the giant leap. I look forward to it all with you being part of it. Thank you for all your nice words and lots of love for me. May you have a fantastic 2009 ahead of you. Happy new year!

No comments: