Whether it was a cultural thing, or the believe that my hair is going to grow fuller and darker afterward, or to give me a respite from the Sydney heat, my parents decided to set a new milestone right into the new year. They shaved my hair! Surely had I been a grownup with a voice to raise against this atrocity, this would not have happened. My parents knew it and they thought 8 months is the best age to carry out such a massacre. My beautiful, silky baby hair was gone in a matter of 60 minutes. It was daddy who carried out the task. I have been suffering a little cold lately. Even that did not melt his cruel heart. He was onto it with full precision, complete with his tools and techniques.
Left: The proud culprit with the tool alongside the innocent victim
Daddy's culture dictates baby hair to be shaven within the first week of birth. They could not quite take the razor to a soft skin of an infant. but at 8 months, my skin was firm enough to take a shave and it is early enough for me to have a head full of hair by my birthday. And I have to say, I am quite enjoying the hot summer nights with lot less sweat on my head!
Anyway, rightly or wrongly, it has been done. Be sure to vote and let me know what you think about this.

No comments:
Post a Comment