Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's month 2

Wow, I am no longer a newborn. You can call me an infant now. Can you believe it? It has been two full months. What better way to celebrate than to catch up with my parents' ante-natal classmates and their babies. There were four babies in the catchup today - I even shared the same birthday with one of them (apart from the same place of birth). Then in the evening, I celebrated with my family with a little ice-cream cake after dinner. Lola cooked lots of Pancit for good luck and sweet and sour fish to top it off.


Plenty happened this week. First, I had to go to the GP to get immunized. Boy, wasn't the painful? I even had fever for two days, erratic eating schedule, not much sleep at night. But after a couple of days of pretty tough time for me, mom and dad ... it all started to settle down a bit. I am smiling again as I felt lot better. And by the weekend, I am my usual self - happy as ever.

Sunday morning I even went to shopping with my parents. Mommy dressed me up in the pink rabbit suit (as daddy calls it since I looked like a smiling rabbit in it). I slept through the night all night Sunday and had a full breakie in the morning. I am feeling lot stronger now.

The month two immunization can be quite a pain though. Mommy got me ready by taking on a little bit of baby Panadol shortly before the shot. That didn't quite help stop the fever that night. I consistently had temperatures above 37C. Most of the time I was cranky and didn't quite like to sleep or eat. I am glad it's all done for now ... at least for next couple of months.

I was on the phone with Bubu the other day. She was singing lullabies for me over the phone while I greeted her with my cooing. Daddy thought I almost called him the other day ... baba. But he wasn't too sure if he heard it right. So the game has now moved to hearing me say the first word. I think daddy will be out of town for a week next week, maybe I'd punish him for that by speaking out when he is away. That would teach him a lesson for leaving me for that long. Anyways, I am quite conversational these days. Just because my vocabulary isn't quite rich yet, doesn't stop me from having some good time with people around me.

To mark the occasion, my parents bought me my first story book. I know I can't read yet, but daddy can and until I learn to read, he'd be telling me story every night to put me to sleep ... princess collection for daddy's little princess.


And oh, I am quite active with my hands and legs too. They don't feel safe leaving me around by myself for any time now. And I am quite capable of reaching for the sky. So keep watching ... I am growing fast!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh love the pressie, Baba can I have one too? :-)