Saturday, October 18, 2008

A solid encounter

At 24 weeks and 4 days, little shy of my 6th month, I had my first taste of solid. Mommy was pondering about it for a while and after a lot of reading and observing me closely, she thought I was ready for the big leap. So on Saturday morning, she made me 1 tablespoon of Farex, a rice cereal. You wonder how I went with it? Well, check it out here ...



Now that you got the special moment on video, check out how daddy captured some of this very special moments. Here is how it all unfolded ...

Here was the challenge, finish a bowl full of rice cereal.

I dipped into into with lots of interest, licking my fingers along the way so I didn't miss out any bits.

I finished pretty much most of it, as everyone clapped and cheered my feat and I got to keep the spoon as a souvenir!

So there you have it - my first solid food. I was, as usual, a very good girl, eager to take the new taste. Although at times I was more interested in the spoon, mommy managed to get my focus back on the food itself. And just to prove that it wasn't a one-off, I had cereal again later for my dinner. My mommy and daddy are very proud of me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dearest Ayee,

Why so serious in that "challenge" picture, you remind me so much of your dad there! But on the next photo (the finger licking one), that mischievous side of your mum is pretty apparent on you haha Oh well, good combo (atleast its balanced!)

And be careful and watch your diet (haha), knowing your mum & lola & tita, there will be heaps more food to come and I tell you from experience, it's hard to say NO! Super missing their cooking!

See yah soon sweetie!

Love,
Ninang Mitch