Sunday, October 26, 2008

Stranger anxiety

My parents have been noticing this lately - I don't quite like going out. Well, going out was okay but not when people I am not too familiar with approached me. This has been making them very worried, since I wasn't like this. We were in Tito Edward's birthday party on Saturday. As soon as we entered the restaurant, I got overwhelmed with the large number of people and started to cry. Daddy had to take me out for a walk to cool me down. And as all the friends approached us, particularly to give me a cuddle - I freaked out. Obviously, my parents weren't very pleased at my behavior.

Since uncle is very busy at work or studies, I hardly get to see him most days. So even when he tries to carry me or give me a big hug, I am getting frightened these days. Obviously something is wrong, my parents figured. So they looked up the web and found this - it's called stranger anxiety. Surprisingly, this generally appears at the age of 7-8 months. But I might be a fast growing kid - so I am showing this rather early. Anyways, to make sure I get to learn the people around me and the differentiate between friends and 'real strangers', we are doing some practice runs with uncle. I need to learn how to recognize who I should be comfortable with with the help of people I already know. In other words, I need to be formally introduced to anyone who comes and visit me. So next time you are around to visit me and either of my parents gives you a big hug to show me it's okay, don't be frightened :)

On a much happier note, there's going to be a new kid in the block. Tita Mau and uncle Edward are having a baby!! Congratulations to you both ... can't wait to be introduced to another little friend.

No comments: