Sunday, November 2, 2008

My vegan week

This week was all about trying new solids. At the end of the week, here's how it went:
  • I loved banana, sweet potato, pear, apple and carrot
  • I hated avocado and pawpaw
  • Mommy even ventured me into the world of green mango - I had a bit to taste and was certainly interested
So as you can see, within the week I have managed to try quite a variety of solids - mostly mashed either by itself or mixed with rice cereal and milk. Eating solids is my second nature now. Its like I have been doing it for some time.

Mommy is spending quite a bit of time preparing this too. She spends some of her weekend cooking a number of dishes and packing them into small cubes to be used throughout the week. All it needs is a bit of thawing in hot water and voila, my dish is served. Mommy is also trying to follow the recipe guide from a book (Annabel Karmel's Superfoods for Babies and Children) so I get enough variety and required nutrition.

Now a bit about what I liked and disliked. You see, you can easily tell when I do like some food. I simply finish it until there isn't a drop left in the bowl. But when I don't, you can tell it too. I sneer, I shake and I refuse to eat. Enough clue for my mom (or dad) to stop pursuing it any further. Also, there seems to be a pattern in my liking too - easy to tell. My baby taste is following daddy's so far. Avocado isn't my thing.

The plan is to up the bar a notch next week through the introduction of meat - possibly with chicken! More on that soon.

Oh yeah, before I go, here's a cool video daddy captured yesterday while I was playing in my play-gym. Enjoy!


No comments: