Count to nine. It's a long way. That's the number of months I have touched this week. And I have a whole host of tricks in my sleeves to show for it. Let's take standing for example, before I touch the nine-month mark, I was able to stand up from my sitting position quite freely. At times, I let go of my support (the wall or someone) and stand on my two feet for a few seconds. This morning I surprised daddy by pushing myself up my feet without holding onto him.
I am lot more mobile by myself now. I love exploring the living room. Usually with my toys scattered around and people sitting in various corners, my game is to crawl around in between them and pick up the toys. My boundary is the carpet. Each time I attempt to cross that boundary, I hear a loud "NO" from one of the people sitting around and have to turn back. I then climb up against the sofa or anything hard that can support me. Sit back down and crawl again. I think you get the idea. In short, I am a very agile person.
To confirm the signs of my maturity, mommy bought me a potty today. I need to start training on my potty soon. That would be my next challenge. I enjoy full-on solids. I am quite happy to dip into a plate of lasagna or beef pie when mommy or daddy are eating. I wont let them go away without sharing their naan with butter chicken. Don't waste time trying to mash it for me. And I am a fruit person. Most fruits are ok with me.
There are a few gestures I learned recently too. Well, somewhat. I often confuse a kiss with a bite. I'd lovingly hug the person carrying me, take my lips close to him or her, just about the time the person would be starting to expect a loving kiss, they get a bite instead. The other day, I woke up next to my mom and dad and found daddy still sleeping. I pulled his head by his hair. He turned to me and said 'good morning'! I held his face lovingly, snuggled my face into his. Daddy gave me a few kisses in return and a few nice words. Just as he thought I reached out to kiss his nose, ping, it was bitten! He he he, he'd think twice before letting me go near his face again. Everyone fell victim to my prey.
Then there's this hello' gesture. I raise my hand and then clasp and unclasp. I am very fond of this. Each time anyone shows that to me, I reciprocate. I like that to do that in front of mirror too - saying hello to myself.
One thing I am yet to get full grasp off, making mommy rather sad. While I love saying, mum-mum-mum or ma-ma-ma, I am yet to say mommy. Especially since I've been saying 'daddy' for a while, mommy is eagerly waiting to hear me call her. Something tells me though, she won't have to wait too long.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment