So at 12:42 pm on Tuesday, 29th April 2008, I arrived. The morning was rather stressful for mommy and daddy, even though all bags were packed and we were ready to go. We took two cars to go to the hospital and mommy drove one of them (rather risky!). Amid the rush, they forgot to bring one of the bags that had my blue-book in it. So daddy had to drive back to fetch it. After they all settled down in the hospital with mommy changing to her operating gown and daddy put on his - it was waiting for the big moment.
At 12.42 pm I was pulled out of my mom's tummy. I could see the light and screamed out loud - possibly a cry of happiness. Daddy was amazed and did not know what he would do. The doctors bundled me in a towel and took me to mommy and daddy. Mommy saw me for the first time too! After a few emotional moments with my parents alone - I was taken to be freshened up while mommy had to be sorted out too. Daddy followed me around. I was weighed and checked and after some cleaning and putting my first dress on - I was handed over to daddy to take me to the room. It was daddy and me for next hour or so while mommy was recovering in the post-op room. I was soaking in everything around me in with my deep dark eyes and Daddy was going nuts as I stared at him.
Later lola, uncle and tita joined us. It was a mini celebration and the talk went on who I looked like. Mommy came into the room soon after and had enough time to take a good look at me. They were all ecstatic. MMS's were flying out to all over the world announcing my birth.
Next couple of days in the hospital were pretty standard. Daddy wasn't allowed to stay the first night as the midwifes looked after me. From the second night onward, daddy stayed with us. It's all standard checks over the first day. I got immunized. My pediatrician came to visit me regularly. They had a little bit of scare when it was time for my hearing test. On 30th, the first schedule test came out slightly negative. The physician in charge assured my parents that it was quite normal as at times, mucus from the tummy can block hearing. Daddy was a bit concerned. He trying banging the bathroom doors next to me to find out if I react. His stress was eventually cleared the next day when I passed the repeat screening in flying colors!
Mommy was recovering fast at the same time. Daddy attended the education session on how to bath little bubs like me and tried it on the same day. He was so proud of his achievements. Mommy was being trained on breastfeeding and also how to deal with motherhood.
The three days in the hospital went by quickly. I was having difficulty getting enough breast milk and since the midwifes were avoiding giving me formula, I lost a bit of weight over the first couple of days. Then the decision was reversed and I started formula supplement. After one extra day's stay in the hospital to ensure I am regaining my lost weight, we were ready to go home.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment