Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, mommy!

This morning daddy and I woke up early and greeted mommy with a breakfast in bed. Of course mommy had to fix my breakfast before she could have hers. But it was a good start. When I grow big, I sure I will fix her lot many breakies and not just on special days. I know that my mom knows - that I love her dearly. And I know, and appreciate, what she has given up for me already.

Becoming a mom isn't easy. Besides carrying me in her growing tummy for so long and going through rather scary delivery process, she had to take on a whole new lifestyle. She gave up her favorite food and drinks just to make sure I am not harmed inside her. She was very disciplined and took good care of herself - just to make sure I come out healthy and smiling. She spent nights and days reading through piles of material and watching DVDs - so that she's not caught surprised when I am out and about and demanding. She did all that while keeping up with her day job and other obligations at home. I just want her to know that even if I can't express it much today - I and the rest of the family and friends fully appreciate her sacrifices. Putting it simply, she makes us all proud.

On that note, I wanted to thank my lola and bubu (my two grannies) - as without their sacrifices, my mommy and daddy wouldn't be around. So lots of hugs and kisses for you two.

And of course, this goes out to all moms today. Enjoy the day and know how proud we are for you.

No comments: