Sunday, March 8, 2009

Calling it out

Mommy was complaining again - how come Ayesha doesn't say mommy yet? This has been a constant complain from her in recent times. So to make her feel comfortable, I have been calling her out all weekend long. Yes, I have been yelling 'mama' or 'mom' all day long. At times its hard to draw her attention. So I have to yell.

Apart from mommy, I am calling out 'tata' every time I see her or go to her room (my auntie). Of course I have been calling 'daddy' for quite some time now. You should also be glad to hear how I try to speak these days. I know they don't often make much sense... nonetheless, they are pretty decent effort.

I took a break from potty use last few days. I was scared of that thing. Lola has been trying to get me back on it, but that didn't work. This weekend, daddy decided to break that fear of mine. He had to put up a little show with the potty and that made me laugh. But as soon as he tried putting me on it, I got terrified again. He didn't lose hope. Another round of potty show (he looked funny as he tried to sit on my potty) and he tried to put me on it again. This time I cried with little less effort. He pounced on that opportunity and distracted me with a toy. That did the trick. I forgot I was afraid of that thing and went on about my business.

Sunday morning he repeated the same trick and with not that much push-back from me, again I was on my way. So, it seems, I am back on using the potty.

Mommy finally managed to take a picture of my two new teeth. With a fraction of them out, my upper teeth is hard to catch on a camera. But this week she managed to make me give out a big smile and with that, out came all four of my teeth. Well done, mommy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the white headband completed the look... gorgeous!