Sunday, March 29, 2009

The week of change and a month to go


I probably shed most tears of my life this week than any other. Another word for it is hysteria, almost. Here's why. Lola has left for Manila on Saturday. She'd be there for a month with the plan to come back just before my birthday. And tita Jebs arrived on Thursday to take over from her. But the transition wasn't something I planned for. Mommy and daddy decided to get tita take over on Sunday while they were still at home. Tita Jebs made sure her's was the first face I saw as I woke up. While I was getting along pretty well with her in the presence of mommy and lola, I didn't expect just to be with her alone. So I panicked. I cried and cried - while my parents stayed away with the hope that I'd eventually wind down. After about half hour of watershed, mommy caved in and took over. They tried a couple of times again as the day progressed - with the same result.

I suppose I am missing lola... as she is missing me. It is hard for her to be away from me for so long as since my birth we were always together. It will take me a while to get used to a switch. Mommy and daddy is now planning to swap days to be at home with me.

This week daddy was also away from Monday till Friday... missing out on one of my key milestones. Luckily mommy got it on camera for him. He was biting his hands for not being able to catch me take my first walk. To make up for it, I did a number of walks since he returned on Friday evening.

Sunday also marked 11 months since I was born. What does that mean? That means I'm just a month away from my birthday. Gee, time has gone past like a super-rocket! It's going to be a day to celebrate - I have achieved quite a lot in such a short time. I think I'd be a very proud girl when I complete the first year of my life.

No comments: