Sunday, March 1, 2009

The missing day of birth

Every month mommy likes to celebrate the 29th as my day of birth. This month she had the same plan - except, there was a small problem. February didn't have 29th. So we had to settle for a day early. Another month - the tenth in fact. One may consider me to be a toddler already.

Mommy says she loves the interaction I bring in her life. Daddy gets jealous, because I have learnt to give mommy big cuddles and kisses. The other day I heard him complaining how I never kiss him like that. So Sunday morning as he was cat-napping on his bed, I climbed onto him to give him a big kiss on his forehead.

There are other ways I am expressing myself now, for example, my annoyance. I can be very vocal about not being happy about certain things. I just dont have the words yet - but the noise I make says it all. So, not surprisingly, I had a bit of feedback from my parents already. If I am persistent in demanding, they are starting to tell me very vocally it wasn't the right thing or the right time for me. But daddy is still having trouble keeping up a strong face. He's caving in pretty soon and showering me with hugs and kisses. Yey, I win!!

I am learning to imitate others in what they do with their hands and at times, the sound they are making. And I prefer to crawl around more than being carried. And worse of all - being put in the pram. With the total teeth count now at four, I am also open to most foods adults will eat. All it needs is to be a bit smashed. Starting today, mommy has switched to use fresh milk instead of formula. She's a bit worried if I would show any allergic reactions - we will see. I have also tried my first cheese today and I loved it too! While I was having my breakfast, mommy made me stand in the kitchen - and so I did for a good fifteen seconds. The countdown is on when I will be taking my first step unassisted.

So, back to my day of birth celebration. Mommy hurriedly put together a carrot cake for the day. She's been practicing her cake making skills and they are getting better every time she makes it (so says daddy). Too bad I am not yet allowed to have that much sweets. We spent the evening at home with a takeaway meal and the cake for dessert.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy 10th monthsary ayee! oh btw, i just noticed... you have your daddy's chin :) and hope you get his purrfect teeth too haha (no offense mummy jovs!)

love,
ninang mitch