Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter holiday

The best part of Easter is having everyone at home for a whole 4 days. I get to make most of it as I get up in the morning and go down to the kitchen for breakfast. I have too many options - and hence I get to demand who I want to carry me. Pity mommy doesn't think that way. She has rules. And the rules dictate, I should be on my highchair or my baby pod and have my breaky. So I ended up crying for 20 minutes asking to be released from the shackles of the highchair. Neither daddy or mommy or anyone else came to my rescue. Well, my lessons of growing up has just gone a notch tougher.

Other than that though, it was lots of fun spending the holiday at home. Nothing was planned for this Easter. Mommy and daddy decided to take it easy this year and take a break from their routine long Easter drives. We took a short drive to Ku-ring-gai National Park for a day picnic with our friends. I met up with a selection of exotic wildlife, which included a turkey, lots of birds and a really long Guana. The creepy creature was brave enough to reach very close to us in search of food. I was safely planted in daddy's arms just in case it felt I was small enough for its jaws.

My walking skills has improved impressively this week. It's now one of my favorite game to play. I take turn to walk from one person to the other and back. If I successfully finish the walk, I get a big cheer. If I fall in the middle, I can quickly pick myself up to continue the walk ... again amid the cheers of the spectators. It's a fun game.

I got hold of a soccer ball in the picnic. It turned out, my skills of soccer isn't bad either. I was pretty good in kicking the small soccer ball around - making daddy wonder why the ball at home is the same size as me. So he brought out his old soccer ball from the garage to give me ample practice before I start calling the Matilda's for a trial.

In the communications department, I have got a great addition. I can very well communicate 'no' when I mean it. Say mommy is trying to feed me and I have had enough, I'd shake my head to say no. When daddy is trying to put me down but I'd like to be carried, I shake my head no! Daddy loves to see me do that. The other day I was crawling around the room and reached for the TV unit. Daddy called out 'no' with his head shaking. I stopped and turned back to him and shook my head to confirm I understood what he did not want me to do. You should see how excited that got him.

I am also pointing to things I want to get or know about. Complimented with the phrase "Ei Je" and the finger pointing, that tells people around me I am interested in it.

No comments: