Tuesday night, my fever was looking well under control. Most day, I had below 38 temperature. So by night time, it was a surprise when my mom discovered red rashes all over my body. Not being sure what it could be for, we again rushed to the doctor's. It was late in the evening and we were hoping we'd still get a chance to see the GP - I certainly wasn't keen to visit the hospital this soon again. As we entered the GP, there was another lady in front of us who was told to wait and she will be fitted in if anyone ahead of us finished early. So we'd be second in waiting and chances of us seeing the GP that night was looking bleak. Mommy and daddy started to talk about driving to Westmead Children's.We then saw the lady ahead of us smile at us and leave. Soon after, we realised the receptionist has managed to fit us in to see the GP. The lady just made way for me. That was very kind of her. We very much appreciated her kindness.
Shortly it was my turn to meet the GP. She managed to make us feel bit more comfortable saying this looks like a common viral fever pattern known as Roseola. The pattern goes like this - high fever, followed by red rashes all over the body which then moves to the arms, legs and cheek and goes away. There isn't any medicine really. And just to make sure it wasn't an allergic reaction, she also asked to stop the antibiotic.
Next couple of days went just as the doctor predicted. I had no or low fever but very red rashes all over my body. By Friday evening, I have red cheeks to complement it all. Meanwhile, I was eating and drinking pretty well. And doing some great walks too. I prefer to be on my feet now. I walked from the living area to the kitchen and back several times the other day.
Saturday night was the most uncomfortable though. For the first time my rashes became itchy and irritating. I started to twist and turn at 4 am at night - waking my parents up. Initially daddy was quite upset with me thinking that I was just being naughty. Soon he realised I was in a lot of bother. Mommy and daddy tried to soothe my itch by massaging my legs. Anyways, after an uncomfortable couple of hours, I fell asleep.

The rashes have started to disappear now. We still went back to the GP to find out if there are any medication I can take tonight to get a good night's sleep. It was good for me to go out and about too, as I have been pretty much locked inside the house. I even managed to catch a ride on a red car.
Mommy and titas have been very busy preparing for my birthday next week. They were practicing their skills with balloons and drawing up plans for the party. Everyone is just hoping that I will be fully fit and well for my birthday party. All that is left to do is to find a beautiful dress for me to fit the party mood. My night garden friends are dressing up too for sure.
Since I started playing with the soccer ball couple of weeks back, I became very fond of it. I not only like kicking the ball around, I even learned how to call it 'boh'. I love my game of 'boh' even when I am sick. And if I am in the bed, I settle for peek-a-boo.

2 comments:
wow, pretty stylish getup ayee! i especially adore the hat/cap, very euro! and is that an ugg boots i see? and of course the yellow jumper, i want one too!!!
i'm excited to see your birthday dress, its gonna be super fab! so make sure no more fever & rashes so u can fully enjoy your special day!
post lots of fotos, k. see yah soon sweetie!!!
hug & kisses,
ninang mitch
and hey, i forgot to say - you're looking more like mummy jovs these days... BUT the ears, hmmm, it's still daddy ash's :)
Post a Comment