Sunday, April 5, 2009

Enjoying my walks

This week started off with a rather nervy setting - it was the first week with tita Jebs. Daddy, mommy and tita Annie had to take turn to stay at home and support me with her, as she transitioned into being my nanny. Since then, I have become a better friend with tita Jebs. I am feeding with her, playing with her and if there is no one else around, I am happy to stay with her for as long as I have to. Next week will be a stronger test of our ties however, as I get to spend some close bonding times with her.

Saturday, it was Ninang Wella's birthday celebration. We spent most of the day in her place. It's always a good time for me to catch up with Katrina and kuya AJ and have some play. With me being able to walk a bit as an option, I had jolly good time. In between great food, naps and play - I didn't hesitate to show off my walking skills. If I weren't walking, I was trying to imitate a very talented dance show from Katrina and kuya AJ.

Sunday morning mommy and daddy wanted to take it easy. After breakfast, we headed for the Bella Vista Farm Park open day. It was a festival atmosphere - but was a great way to laze around on the grass on a Sunday afternoon listening to the country music. As a bonus, I got to go close to some sheep and goats and ducks and rabbits. I get pretty excited when I see animals - and I am not afraid to hold them when I get a chance.

After lunch, we thought of having ice cream ... yes, that would be my first ever. I was sharing the sorbet-top with daddy. But then I wasn't giving him much chance to eat - I loved it so much, I kept pulling it from his hand onto my mouth. With cream all over my mouth, I looked funny. But that wouldn't stop me! I licked and licked until I reached the bottom of the cone when mommy decided to allow me to hold it by myself and eat.

Throughout the week, I kept on improving my walking skills. I can now just wander around on my feet when no one's watching. At one stage, I followed tita from my room out to the hallway. Quite often I'd just walk from the bed to the wall and back.

Since lola left, I have been sharing bed with mommy and daddy. I don't need much feeding at night. With a late night and early morning feed -I do just fine.

It's getting close to the big day - the day I'd turn one. Hey, don't forget to send in all your thoughts and wishes for me ... because soon this blog will be turning into a book to capture the memories of the first year of my life. And I would like to have your notes for me in there.

No comments: