On Friday, Tito Jovan treated us for dinner in Ribs and Rumps, which was booked out till 8.30 pm. It was a late night dinner on a rather cool night. The fact that I am also getting two more teeth added to the complexity. By Saturday morning, I was feverish - with temperatures hovering around 38. So I wasn't feeling quite myself. Having said that, I am an active girl. So I kept up playing and eating and taking my Panadol. My parents thought it might just pass by.
By the time night approached, it turned little worse. At about 10 pm, my fever had started to cross over 38 close to 39. The Panadol wasn't working. Mommy and daddy was getting worried but decided to see out the night. I was totally composed though. By about 3 am, my fever has crossed 40. I couldn't sleep ... so there I was in the bed, playing peek-a-boo. Daddy wanted to do something and gave me another doze of Panadol. Which really made it worse - I just didn't like the taste and vomited it out with my food. I couldn't help but cry. Mommy took me to the living room to watch In the Night Garden. That would have been the only thing that could calm me down. I watched Iggle Piggle for some time and then fell asleep. Rest of the night, I had my fever hovering around 40+.
So first thing in the morning, we went to the local GP and waited for him to arrive. We wanted to be the first in the queue. When my GP arrived, he had a quick check and decided it was a bout of flu virus. But to control the high fever, he gave me some antibiotics. He also recommended some Nurofen to go with it. Having had the first doze of Nurofen with the doctor, by 10 am, my fever was in control. And I was running around again playing peek-a-boo with mommy and daddy.
My parents have been praising my strength. I've been a very good girl during this fever. I kept up my fluid intake to keep myself hydrated. I am eating well. Only trouble is - I don't like the taste of the medicines. They just have to put up with some cries as they try to make me take the medicine.
Because of my illness, mommy had to cancel attending two parties. I missed out on Celeste's birthday too! That was a shame. I am just hoping and praying I get well real quick in time for my own birthday.

No comments:
Post a Comment