Trust me, it wasn't fun. You already heard I had high fever over the weekend. On Monday morning, mommy took me to the doctor with my fever still relatively high. The GP recommended to see till mid-day if the fever was under control and if not, take me to the hospital. At mid-day, with my fever at 39.5 and no sign of release ... mommy summoned daddy to come back home from work. We met up with him in Westmead Children's Hospital. After the initial triage, the nurse told us to wait for the doctor to become available.With my temperature still very high, the pediatrician who saw me thought it would be safer to run some thorough checks to rule out any nasties in my blood. So I had to face the most daunting moment of my life - 20 minutes of gruelling by the doctors and nurses. Already tired from the high fever, I hated all the attention from those busy people. The poking with the stethoscope and needle for the blood felt equally annoying and I cried through the process. The doctor even left the little opening for the blood in place just in case I needed it again.
We waited for several hours for the result to come through. At about 1 am, the doctor came out to say it's all clear. Yup, after that ordeal, the white cell count in my blood appeared normal ... ruling out invaders in my blood. The urine was clean as well. So the only rational explanation was some sort of viral fever which doesn't have any direct cure. The nurse took out the bandage off my hand and we were free to go home. Mommy and daddy was told to keep a close eye on my fever and keep consulting the GP. My feeding pattern and how well I was coping with the fever would determine the next course of action. We are all just hoping I can ride out the fever.
Titas were waiting for me outside till early hours of the morning. Everyone was relieved there wasn't anything to worry about.

1 comment:
oh sorry to hear that ayee, hope you're feeling heaps better now... here are my *power hugs* & *power kisses* to keep the virus away!!!
love,
ninang mitch
Post a Comment