Sunday, November 16, 2008

World's greatest pram stroll

Daddy disappeared again for most of the week - busy with what he calls 'work'. It was only Friday morning when I got to see him again, thanks to getting up early in the morning. Daddy reckons I grew few centimeters taller in the days he was away. And I picked a few new tricks too. Mommy got me to demonstrate to daddy how I can push myself up to a sitting position while lying down on a cushion. I also showed him how I can push myself up and go round a circle to pick up toys around me. I think I am just this far away from starting to crawl.

The biggest day of the week was today, when we went to world picnic day. It was a cloudy morning but we took the punt and set off in the morning for Sydney Olympic Park. Mommy has already registered for the "world's greatest pram stroll", so we had to rush to make sure we can make the starting lineup. It wasn't a bad crowd for an event like this. Not too many people were interested in the 4km stroll though - most of them were keen on lazying around the grass and join the occasional dance routines called by the DJ.

Top-left: mommy/daddy/me posing at the starting line; Top-right: daddy in his brisk pace halfway through the stroll; Bottom-left: daddy and me dashing to the finish line; Bottom-right: we are at the finish line
We all started the stroll but lola decided to stay back after she heard it's going to be 4km. Tita decided to stay back with lola. So the three of us started off briskly under the cloudy sky. The day remained cloudy - but without rain. Which is probably good as it was less warm than the usual summer day this time of the year. Apart from the annoying flies, I was quite enjoying the walk. Towards the end though, the flies got the better of me and I was really annoyed. Daddy decided to dash to the finish line so I can take a well-deserved break. Mommy followed behind with her camera. Not sure if I'd consider it my 'greatest pram stroll' but mommy and daddy certainly had a good workout from the walk. And oh, we didn't make the top 3 finish, so we missed out on the prizes as well.

After the stroll we sat down on the grass enjoying the music and games and having our lunch. I also had the opportunity to settle down and drink my milk. Although for a few minutes I got spooked by Tita as I couldn't recognize her while she had her sunglasses on. I started to wonder who this person was trying to carry me. But as soon as she took them off, I was back to happy mood again - as they danced with me and the music.

After staying there for a short while, we went to DFO for mommy's leftover shopping. It won't be a complete trip to Olympic Park until mommy blesses DFO with her presence. After struggling through the pre-Christmas crowd to find a parking spot, we finally got through our to-do's and was on our way back home. I started to feel very tired in the car - as I sang myself to sleep.

I do enjoy my day trips. The cool breeze towards the end meant I had to put on my jumper. But all-in-all, it was a fun day out.

No comments: